Talk To Us: If you're trying to get over a breakup, what's the worst thing a friend can say to you in an attempt to make you feel better?
Reader Jaberkaty made a great suggestion for an article:
What can friends and family do when someone close to them is going through a bad breakup?
Honestly, I don’t have the answers, and I doubt that any single person can. So, this might be the perfect opportunity to get some reader feedback….
For those of you who’ve been through a particularly emotional breakup, what are some of the worst things someone can say or do in an attempt to make you feel better? For me, “don’t worry, you’ll find the right person” always smacks of hollowness. I know they’re trying to help, but… honestly, no one can possibly know that I’ll ever find the right person, so those words mean nothing to me.
Conversely, what are some things someone has said or done that have helped you get over your breakup?
Please click the comments link at the top of this post to let us know!
Addendum: The product of this discussion can be found here.
Latest posts by Musings Admin (see all)
- Talk To Us: If you're trying to get over a breakup, what's the worst thing a friend can say to you in an attempt to make you feel better? - June 15, 2010
- Talk To Us: Have you ever been manipulated into breaking up with someone? - December 7, 2009
- Talk To Us: Have you ever been a victim of a sneak-a-date? - June 10, 2009
- Talk To Us: When a guy asks out your friend after you've already turned him down - June 1, 2009
- Talk To Us: Your "favorite" rejection line - May 11, 2009